Tuesday, July 21, 2009

The "I Need. I Value. I Love My Library" Campaign






Introduction 


For years, libraries have provided resources and services in support of the research, teaching and learning needs of people. People go to libraries to access information for their personal and professional growth. However, users tend to take libraries for granted and neglect them. This is because users themselves are usually not aware that they are very important stakeholders when it comes to the maintenance of libraries. Thus, unenlightened about their responsibilities as library users, they intentionally do not return books on time, mishelve books, irresponsibly damage library facilities and commit other library violations without concern for other library users and for the library itself.

"I Need. I Value. I Love My Library" is a simple library awareness campaign which promotes the library users (faculty, students and staff) responsibility in the care, upkeep and maintenance of the library materials, facilities and equipment.
Share:

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for this lead. I just posed the ALA's library advocay link, and added yours too.
    See the link here

    Will appreciate if you reciprocate.
    Best regards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for linking us! We will reciprocate by posting it at our Facebook page.

    ReplyDelete